Seeking an experienced and energetic professional to join our team as a Chemical Operator for batch making and operating of process milling equipment.
We are seeking applicants flexible to work on any shift (1st 6am-2pm, 2nd 2pm-10pm, 3rd 10pm-6am – Monday-Friday).
Responsibilities and skills include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Experience required running powder treatment equipment and working with surface treated pigments in cosmetic or personal care industry.
- Experience running hi speed mixing equipment.
- Experience with media mills and others.
- Experience using transfer pumps and scales
- Experience working w/ HAZ materials preferred
- All candidates should have previous exposure to GMP and must be able to maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Repacking of raw materials and general warehouse duties
- Must be able to operate a forklift and have experience with material handling equipment.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
Customer Service/Export Coordinator (Bilingual Spanish)
Kobo Products, Inc. located in South Plainfield, NJ is seeking highly motivated, bilingual (Spanish) Customer Service/Export Coordinator with background in logistics.
- Candidate must be able to work well under pressure in a very fast paced environment, and have excellent multi-tasking, problem-solving, and written and spoken communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Candidate must have logistics (shipping) experience
- DOT/IATA training a plus
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) REQUIRED
- Associates Degree (at minimum) required
- Plan and arrange shipments – documents, print labels, schedule carrier pick-ups
- Communicate with customers and applicable internal departments throughout the export process
- Ensure that all products being shipped are compliant with DOT/Hazardous Materials regulations
- Address all customer complaints quickly and professionally from start to finish, and escalate when necessary
- Review delay and shipping reports daily
Junior Software Developer
Fast-growing NJ manufacturer is seeking a candidate to provide on-site support for internal software applications. The developer will be responsible for software design, coding, testing, documentation, implementation, and maintenance.
- Experience and knowledge of VB.Net, ASP.Net, VBA, SQL Server is a must.
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP system is preferred
- 4-year Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other related majors
- Self-starter capable of independent creative work, with demonstrated experience defining requirements and delivering applications to meet requirements.
- Strong desire to bring best practices to the team, sharing knowledge and expertise – enabling your team members mutual success as the organization continues to grow.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
Local/Regional Truck Driver (CDL)
Kobo Products, Inc. in South Plainfield is seeking an extremely reliable CDL driver that can maintain safety and accuracy in a fast paced environment.
- Clean driving record
- HazMat endorsement preferred
- Must be trained to safely and responsibly operate forklift equipment
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Flexibility with day shift hours
- Must be able to work overtime as necessary
- Coordinate with Production and the Warehouse every day to set up runs depending on needs.
- Pick up and deliver raw materials to Production, and pick up finished goods from Production to take to the Warehouse for orders.
- Monitor the schedule for pick-up orders from Planning as well as outside Kobo facilities, and log arrival and departure times.
- Complete inspection of the interior and exterior of the truck every day from the first run and notify the Facilities/Engineering Manager of any problems.
- Check MTO’s at pick-up and delivery, especially for finished goods. Ensure that all copies are signed upon delivery, and paperwork is distributed to the appropriate departments.
- General Warehouse support.
- Comply with all company and OSHA regulated safety codes.
Quality Control Lab Technician
Kobo Products, Inc. located in South Plainfield, NJ is seeking an experienced QC Lab Technician to join our team.
- B.S. in Chemistry or Biology
- Minimum of 2-4 years working experience
- Strong color experience required
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work with others in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work independently prioritizing the work load
- Must have strong problem solving, communication, organizational, math, and computer skills
- Background working with powders in the personal care industry or similar industry is required
- Experience with GC and Ion Chromatography is a plus
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs
- Performing various wet, physical, and instrumental testing to monitor physical and chemical characteristics of pigment powders
- Measuring and evaluating color matches to standards
- Adhering to lab methods, procedures, and documenting results of testing procedures in accordance with GMP standards
- Interacting with QA/RD to make sure all non-conforming results are investigated
Raw Material Repacker (Entry Level)
Kobo Products, Inc. located in South Plainfield, NJ is seeking a highly reliable and motivated candidate with a strong work ethic to join our team as a full-time Raw Material Repacker. Opportunity for advancement.
Seeking candidates to work on 1st or 2nd shift (6am-2pm / 2pm-10pm)
- Heavy lifting daily – Must be able to lift ~50lb.
- Candidate must be able to work well under pressure in a very fast paced environment, have excellent multi-tasking skills and attention to detail, and keep a clean work environment.
- Must be willing to learn about Safety Data Sheets and the safety precautions of tasks involved.
- Must pass a pulmonary function test in order to utilize a dust mask (respirator)
- Forklift experience
Scientist (Associate),Technical Service
R & D
Kobo Products Inc., in South Plainfield, NJ seeks a candidate to join our Technical Service team in R&D. The company would be open to training a talented and highly motivated professional with limited working experience.
- BS in chemistry or biology
- 2-4 years of experience with technical support in personal care industry preffered
- Knowledge of global cosmetic regulations is a plus
- Strong computer skills required (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Outlook)
- Must have strong technical writing, organizational, and communication skills
- Must be able to prioritze and handle heavy workload
- Bilingual (speaking as well as reading/writing) candidates preferred
- Provide technical support for internal and external needs
- Complete forms and questionnaires for customers
- Prepare and maintain product dossier including SDS
- Review technical documents of raw materials and new products
- Provide administrative support for R&D on as needed basis